Stories that Matter: The Story of Me, the Story of You, and How we are becoming Us
Celebrate reading on Tuesday 14 September 2021 with 200 Authors & Illustrators
• The much-loved annual Australian Reading Hour returns on Tuesday 14 September 2021
• Originally launched by Australian libraries for the National Year of Reading in 2012
• It is now the national signature showcase event program for Australia Reads
• Featuring events and activities in schools, libraries and bookshops nationally
• With more than 200 Australian book creators available in-person and virtually for events
Curated by Australia Reads, these events for readers of all ages are designed to explore how the stories we read and write, share and recommend help shape our sense of identity, belonging & wellbeing. Host an event to inspire ideas for more books to discover and read!
If you’d like to become involved as an ambassador, bookseller or event host, please let the team at Australia Reads know on hello(at)australiareads(dot)org(dot)au
Are you ready for Australia Reads?
Ok, take a deep breath, and repeat after us.
“I will read for an hour on Thursday 12 November.
I will read books in any shape, form or size.
I will read, whether with bumps, letters, pictures, sound.
I will read to myself or someone else.”